Thursday, May 17, 2018


I signed up for a Karen K Stone workshop put on by the Kaw Valley Quilt Guild. 

She is famous for her New York Beauties.  All paper pieced.  So the workshop was on the technique of paper piecing.  The pattern for this workshop was one of hers.  I had collected fabric for a pickle dish of the orange and lime green but after making two blocks, I decided that wasn't for me.  I thought this pattern would be much easier with fewer pieces.  While it is a little quicker, it still is  slow process. 

I finished one block in class and then finished a second block this afternoon.  I think I want to embroider or stencil something in the square centers.  Just haven't decided on what would look best. 

I usually keep a project in a box ready to take to retreats and such.  So it's not a quickly finished project.  I made one pattern up in February to take to a retreat I didn't get to attend because Dennis was in the hospital.  Now I can have another one to put into a box for such occasions.  The only problem with this theory is the guild wants to have a follow up class to view the finished projects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment