Saturday, May 12, 2018

Here is the next quilt I'm working on for the Quilts of Valor.  It has been a trial and error quilt.  First I had to figure out how to make the swirl by cutting the center diamonds to different heights.  Then I cut the diamonds to 4 1/2".  After completing all the strip units, I made two diamond sections and realized that it was going to be too big.  The Quilts of Valor have a maximum size of 72" X 90".  And just the star was coming out to 96" without any borders. 

I then became the perpetual ripper.  Ugh!!!  Then cut it all down to 3" diamonds.  Now it will turn out a tiny bit smaller than I wanted, but at least I can add borders. 

I'll certainly be glad when it is finished and I can go on to something else...hopefully that doesn't need to be ripped out.

No comments:

Post a Comment